Work on the reconstruction, conservation and restoration of the iconostasis in 2005-2006.

The iconostasis was painted after a major renovation of the hermitage in 1811 years, as is evident from the records of the icon of the Virgin in the Crucifixion group. It was made so that the central place is occupied by the miraculous icon of the Virgin suckling the Child. The side doors, which were not in the tradition of Mount Athos, were removed at the end of the ninteenth or early in the twentieth century.
Field work began on the 22nd December 2005 after the transfer of the iconostasis of the Hermitage to the monastic residence and establishment of conservation and restoration workshops. The iconostasis had been dismantled earlier without technical documentation. The starting point was the reconstruction of the layout of the existing elements of the iconostasis and creation of the project. The next phase of the conservation work was the fumigation and impregnation of the original carving as well as reconstruction of the missing parts. Physico-chemical analyzes were performed in the laboratory of the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of Belgrade. Restoration work included cleaning of the original gilt carvings and icons, as well as preparation of carving for gilding. Completion entailed gilding the entire iconostasis and its installation in the appropriate place. The icons restored were from the Royal doors, the Crucifixion group and the icons of the Apostles zone, while the icons from the Throne zone went to conservators of the National Museum in Belgrade. All works were funded by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Serbia, and were completed in record time by 15th October 2006, when the church was consecrated.
The work was performed by the following team of conservators: Siniša Zeković-Head of works, Rastko Čurčić, Miroslav Nonin, Miroslav Zakić, Zoran Barišić, Miloš Radaković, Dejan Radaković, Goran Radaković, Dušan Zelić, Milan Dejanović, Goran Bolić, Zoran Vapa – Director.