The existing complex was built between 1892 and 1895, in the place where the building known as “Pasha’s Konak” was, the seat of the head of the Serbian Orthodox Church when the archdiocese was moved to Sremski Karlovci. The design was made by the architect Vladimir Nikolić, while Patriarch Georgij Branković was in office. The spatial concept of the Court belongs to the type of stately urban palaces, with the street frontage accentuated with a central avant-corps and with two side wings and one in the middle of the building, which go into the garden of the complex. At the end of the middle wing is an annex, where a court chapel dedicated to St Demetrius is situated. It is a two-storey building with a basement. The central avant-corps is accentuated with a sizeable barrel-shaped vault structure, and a balustrade going around the whole building unifies the lower decorative elements. The architect Vladimir Nikolić excelled in shaping the facades of the Court in the spirit of the architecture of historical styles, with a dominant Neo-Renaissance composition of surfaces and Neobaroque decorative elements. As part of the court complex there is also the Old Court, from the second half of 18th century, along one bank of the stream and on the other side – the auxiliary buildings, finally defined in the 20th century.
In the Patriarch’s Court the most precious icons and iconostases that belong to the Srem Eparchy and are not used in the divine service, are exhibited as well as portraits of Metroplitans and the most prominent church dignitaries, applied arts objects and a library containing rare and valuable manuscripts and old printed books.
The complex of the Patriarch’s Court includes a large park, the greater part of which lies at the back of the building, where there is also a number of auxiliary buildings and the old court. The complex is encircled with a high fence made of bricks and bars of wrought iron.